Wednesday 12 August 2009

Jet Has Collapsed On Stage to Nic Cester


I worry about our rock stars, I really do. I’m sure they think they’re keeping it real by appearing on stage when pestilent ill, but all they’re really doing is putting themselves at risk and spreading affection. So even though I feel sorry for him, I also want to accelerator and slap Jet’s Nic Cester for not calling in acrid for work while in London.
The lead singer of Aussie rock band Jet has been taken to hospital after breaking down during a London appearance.
Nic Cester passed out twice during the gig at the Hard Rock Cafe in London on Monday night, joking with the conference that he’d been treated for swine flu, the band’s website says.
Isn’t that just so lovably Australian? Making quips while passing out in front of hundreds/thousands/tens of thousands/just how big is the moderate Hard Rock Cafe anyway? Pure Down Under charm.



Despite efforts to continue the gig, the band had to call an early end to the performance.
Cester was rushed to University College Hospital, where he was delicacy for symptoms of gastroenteritis, acute vomiting and dehydration.


GET WELL SOON, SINGING CESTER!
It should be noted that Clem Bastow, formerly Defamer Australia’s Associate Editor and Melbourne music reviewer, once brilliantly panned the band in their early days and as far as I am aware, she’s not really enjoyed much of their work since. Well, in an upcoming issue of Jmag, she’s giving the new Jet album a rave review. Four stars. FOUR! Can you believe it? I met drummer Chris Cester earlier in the year and he assured me the new album would be awesome, but you’d expect him to say that now, wouldn’t you? But Clem Bastow raving about Jet? I never thought I’d see the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment